Fort McMurray Tourism is a not for profit membership based organization. Membership benefits include opportunities to participate in marketing initiatives, display of brochures in the Visitor Centre and of course, our members are always recommended first to visitors and those making enquiries about services in our area. Most importantly, membership gives you a voice in establishing the marketing direction of Fort McMurray Tourism and effective lobbying of tourism concerns.
To become a member of Fort McMurray Tourism, simply email Kristin Catto at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to send you the application form or complete the form online.
What Fort McMurray Tourism Offers
- Over 20,000 visitors and organizations use Fort McMurray Tourism for information services annually
- Year round operation of the Port of Entry
- Infomation services offered through our toll-free number
Oil Sands Tours
The Fort McMurray region contains the world's single largest deposits of oil sands. Extensive media coverage of oil sands has caused these tours to become one of the region's most popular attractions.
- In 2015, over 1100 people took part in a bus tour of the Suncor Energy mine site.
- Fort McMurray Tourism has received a number of awards and accolades for this program, including the 2001 ALTO Award (Excellence in Marketing Partnership) for the "Experience the Energy" tour package.
Conferences and Special Events
Fort McMurray Tourism works in partnership with a number of community organizations on conferences and special events, which help to showcase this dynamic region. Some of these have included:
- 2003 Alberta Chamber of Commerce 65th AGM & Provincial Conference
- 2003 Alberta Senior Games
- 2003 Blueberry Festival (on-going until 2008)
- 2004 Arctic Winter Games
- 2005 Alberta Centennial Celebrations
- 2007 Air Show
- 2011 WinterPlay Festival
- Spring and Fall Trade Shows for over 30 years
- Christmas Trade Show, new in 2011
- Fort McMurray and Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Guide
- Fort McMurray and Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Map
- "Experience the Energy" Oil Sands Bus Tour Brochure
- Fort McMurray and Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo website www.fortmcmurraytourism.com
Regional Tourism Representation
- Alberta North Tourism Destination Region
- Travel Alberta Strategic Tourism Marketing Council
- Alberta Visitor Information Program
- Actively involved in consortia packaging, familiarization tours, travel trade shows, and vacation getaway packages
- Extensive promotion of the Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo region though radio, TV, newspaper and magazine ads
- Provide information packages to conferences, meetings, recruitment drives, and special event coordinators